ARCHOS makes Video Player app available for all Android tablets and phones (requires Android 4.0 or later)!
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from any computer/network storage in your local network (SMB and UPnP) or from an external USB storage device;
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: dedicated user interface that is keyboard/remote control compatible, AndroidTV compatibility ;
- Share and keep track of what you have watched using Trakt scrobbler (see http://trakt.tv/);
- 3D video: visual tagging and side by side/top bottom playback mode with Archos stereo virtual reality glasses or cardboard support;
- Audio: night mode and audio boost options;
- Android 5.0 Lollipop support with flat/material user interface design.
* Note that if you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.
- Fix UPnP on Nvidia Shield TV
- Fix trakt seen status sync issue after using while offline
- Fix subtitle support with non utf-8 encoding
- Fix navigation bar not hidden on Android 4.0 to 4.2
- Improve SMB shares detection scheme
- Improve buffering strategy for video streaming
- Fix crash on Samsung devices with Android 4.3
- Workaround Samsung 5.0 platform bug (tab s2, s6, note pro 12.2)
Require 4.0.3 and Up & File Size 13mb