It turns automatically the screen off when you put your phone into your pocket or onto a table. And turns the screen on when you take it out or up. No need to touch any button and you are ready to go. It's especially helpful if your lock key is hard to reach or the power button is broken.
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb, Gizmodo and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE
• Better performance
• Widgets, Shortcuts
• Wider range for Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout
• Wider range for Table Sensor
• Suspend in Landscape mode
• Exclude Apps option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
- - v2.4.1 - -
Added: Android M support (M update for Nexus 5 has a buggy proximity sensor driver. Stay with Lollipop until Google fix it. Or if you upgraded you can try this beta version: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree)
Fix: small issues
If the app does not work after the update:
- restart the app
- reboot your device
- un-install and re-install the app.
If no luck, please send me a feedback from the app.