Plex (https://plex.tv) organizes all of your video, music, and photo collections and streams them to all of your screens. Enjoy unlimited use of the free version of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription or a small one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Note: If you’ve already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again! We attempt to detect your previous purchase automatically. If this fails, please select "Already Paid?" on the activation screen and follow the instructions to restore your purchase.
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to Plex apps on Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Fire TV, and Plex Home Theater (coming soon to Xbox One, Playstation, and other apps).
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server (free download available at https://plex.tv/downloads) to other Plex Apps.
• Remote control your big screen Plex Apps.
• LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
• Unlock unlimited streaming to your phone or tablet with a Plex Pass subscription that includes many other premium features (available at https://plex.tv/plexpass) -OR- a small one-time in-app purchase.
Here’s a small taste of more things that Plex does to make your media experience awesome:
• Plex makes your media beautiful with artwork, rich metadata, and related content.
• Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
• Easily share your media with friends and family.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline.
• Plex Pass feature: Online Trailers and Extras for the movies in your collection!
• Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later.
- Add preference to disable using secure connections to servers.
- Allow layout selection for home libraries (grid, list, folder).
- Add support for MPEG2 decoding when supported by the local device.
- Inform the user when the app activates as the result of a previous purchase being detected.
- [Android TV] Add support for DTS/DTS-HD Passthrough.
- Resolve issue where device would attempt to playback unsupported audio format, resulting in no audio being heard
- Update 3rd party AirPlay library.
- Resolve AirPlay issue where playback wouldn't start immediately when using AirServer.
- Resolve remote playback issue where the UI didn't update playback progress after switching audio, subtitle streams or changing quality.
- Clean up resources when disconnecting from remote playback.
- Don't crash if the video player is closed at the same time that the next video in the play queue starts playing.
- Fix issue where music playback would stop after unlocking the device screen.
- Resolve issue when attempting to change volume of a remote player that doesn't support it.
- [TV layout] Fix issue where focused item wasn't highlighted in track lists.
- [Android TV] Fix issue where movies in a PQ had the "music video" icon.
Require 3.2 and Up & File Size 5.4mb